Friday, November 19, 2010

Yesterday

*This is yesterday's post due to coming home late and having to take painkillers to rid myself of sinus pain and then collapsing into bed.*

Yesterday at church we had an evening for the sisters based on the parable of the ten virgins from the bible. It was extremely enjoyable with ten sisters posing as either foolish or wise virgins. Of course we are meant to remember and heed the 5 virgins who were wise but the 5 who were foolish gave such funny presentations, I think I might remember them a bit more vividly.

1. I am thankful for humor. I laughed a good deal last night and I felt great, despite being unwell.

2. I am thankful for the way we serve each other in my church. Last night we had a meal served to us and then of course we had the ten little presentations. A lot of work went into last night and all I had to do was show up and be entertained and uplifted.

3. I am thankful for a tender moment with Leia when I got home. Because we had to get dressed up for the evening, Leia was more than usually interested in what I was going to be doing. She had waited up for me and wanted to hear all about it. I sat on her bed with her in her room and told her the parable and what we did during the evening. When I was leaving she said "Mom, I like to hear about the stories Jesus told. Can you tell me another one tomorrow night?" You bet I can!

4. I am thankful that I got the majority of my Thanksgiving shopping done yesterday. I had a $10 coupon for World Market and so I got 6 bottles of Italian soda and some wonderful turkey brine for free. Target was also out of a couple of things so I'm glad I have it sorted early so that I can track down those items before it's too late.

5. I am thankful to have been able to talk to my brother yesterday. I haven't spoken to him in months due to the fact that he only has a cell phone which is uber expensive for me to call and we are hardly ever online at the same time. Yesterday the stars aligned and we were on the computer at the same time and were able to have a little chat. I miss my family and it made me super excited about March when I get to hug everyone rather than just look at them on a computer screen.

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

What a sweet experience with Leia. :)

I heart turkey brine. I try to get mine on sale after Thanksgiving at Williams Sonoma! Yum!