Monday, November 1, 2010

Month of Thanksgiving

So last year I posted 5 things I was thankful for each day during the month of November. It made me feel fantastic so this year I'm going to do the same.

I am reflecting on the weekend we just enjoyed. Dad and Cinda drove out from Illinois to visit with us. Getting Grandparents and Grandchildren together is always special and this time was no different. It was a really great weekend.

1. I am thankful for Gary's family. With the absence of my own family, it is wonderful to know that if we ever need anything, Gary's family is here for us. Whether it be something as trivial as help fixing seals on the bottom of garage doors or something as important as help when one of our children is sick (They rushed out to help when Spencer was hospitalized at 10 months old), I know they will be there for us.

2. I am thankful that Gary works for a family oriented company and that he enjoys his work. Trick or Treating at his work on Friday was fun.

3. I am thankful that I managed to get Leia to her Play practise this morning. We both woke up late but we made it there in the nick of time. She would have lost her part to someone else if we had missed and she would have been devastated. I would have been even more devastated if I had been the cause of her losing her part.

4. I am thankful to have Nathan home each morning. He is such a sunshiny person. Not everyone can appreciate him as his exuberance and lack of impulse control can be tiring but there is not the tiniest mean bone in his body. He is ready to love everyone and be friends with everyone.

5. I am thankful for this photo. It's not often you can get everyone looking the same way at the same time. It may not be perfect but it's pretty darn close.

No comments: