Saturday, November 27, 2010

Play yard

Today has been interesting. Gary and I travelled to our Temple in Denver and didn't make it through our visit because Gary experienced a sudden on-set of the stomach flu which all our kids have had over the last few weeks. It's actually a LOT more of a story than that but I'd rather not write about it here. Send me an email if you want the details :)

Anyway we're finally settled in for the evening. Gary is battling a fever and other lovely symptoms so I am getting my leftover Thanksgiving food on, just in case I am next. Bring on the pie!

1. I am thankful that Oliver's grandma bought him a play yard for Christmas. No more Christmas ornament casualties and I can get things done around the house without worrying that Oliver is going to ingest or worse, choke on a piece of lego.

2. I am thankful that we have friends who offered to watch our children so that we could go to the Temple, even if we didn't really do what we set out to.

3. I am thankful that our kids love their Nativity playset so much. It's so hard to teach kids about Christ, his birth, his life, and what it means when Santa and presents take center stage. I enjoy seeing the wooden figurines all scratched and bashed up from use.

4. I am thankful it was in the mid 50s today and sunshiny. The kids had fun at the park.

5. I am thankful that my sister lives close to my Mum. I know that when my Mum experiences the ups and downs of life, she has Rachel there to share them with. A phone call is not the same thing.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable! What a thoughtful way to think about your sis and Mom being nearby each other. I know how much you miss them and would love to live closer, but it's cool to see that you are positive about it. I hope your Mom is doing okay.

Rachel said...

Nice playpen!!! I so could have done with something like that for Cate. She would literally freak out if I tried a stunt like that on her now!! Trick is to get Oliver used to it and then you'll be able to pop him in there whenever you need!

Love you xxxxx