Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Sunday to remember.

1. I am thankful that I got to hear Elder Russell M. Nelson speak today in person at our Stake Center. Not only does he have an awe inspiring testimony but I enjoyed how he spoke about his 10 children, the first 9 being girls, and how you could just tell how much he enjoyed visiting with us. Gary got to shake his hand and chat with him. I of course had to take 4 fidgety children home after having to arrive at the Stake Center more than an hour ahead of time just to be seated in the overflow. Had we wanted to sit in the chapel we would have had to be there at 6am when the meeting began at 10am.

2. I am thankful that I got to have a nap this afternoon. I was all excited to get to stay up an hour later last night but even though I technically turned out the light at 11pm my body felt like it was midnight and as such was overtired and I couldn't fall asleep. And then when I did get to sleep, Oliver was messed up and woke up at 4.45am. After trying to settle him down again, I couldn't get back off to sleep until about 6.30am and then we had to get up at 7.30am to get ready to be at the church by 8.30am to then wrestle with the kids all through the meeting. I'm sure you've all got the picture that I was TIRED by about 2pm and my wonderful husband kept the kids quiet while I slept.

3. I am thankful for an evening spent around our firepit with good friends. Our children love each other and played really well together in the dark corners of the backyard while we laughed about all kinds of things. The smores were pretty good as well.

4. I am thankful that Nathan still wants to cuddle with me. Spencer is over it already but tonight around the fire Nathan sat on my knee and wrapped both arms tightly around me and put his cheek next to mine. A sweet moment.

5. I am thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints.

No comments: