Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The first snow fell today!

1. I am thankful for a growing circle of friends in my new Ward. We have only been in this Ward since July and I feel like I am meant to be here. I'm not sure I've ever felt so much a part of a group so quickly.

2. I am thankful for the book club I am in. Not only are the members willing to read the books each month, but we have such wonderful discussions. Since joining the book club I am positive not one meeting has ended much before 10pm. I feel renewed.

3. I am thankful for books. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I would have anxiety if I didn't have books in my house and unread books sitting there on my "to read" shelf. This might be a little on the "perhaps I need to talk to someone about this" side but I think of books as my very good friends.

4. I am thankful that my mother has bought my children so many books over the years. Together with the books I have bought, they literally have hundreds of books and could probably read a different book each night all year long. I often see them reading on their own and even if I sometimes have to coax them to reach the 20-30 minutes asked of them by their school teachers each day, I know they are developing something which will give them joy for their whole lives. Sharing books with Leia that I read when I was her age is wonderful.

5. I am thankful for a well insulated home. The snow started to fall today and after my furnace came on in the early morning it hasn't come on since. I remember sitting in the last home we owned and feeling the cold air seeping through the walls. There isn't a single draft anywhere in this house and our energy bills reflect it.

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

I'm so glad you're making friends in your new ward. I was thinking about the fun times that you and I had in OH and it makes me wish that we lived close to each other. I'm still hopeful that we'll move to CO next! Missing your brownies, movies, workout discussions, just missing YOU!