Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Marines

1. I am thankful that Spencer's stomach virus has only been a 24 hour thing. His appetite has been subdued today but he will be back at school tomorrow.

2. I am thankful for the bond that Spencer and Oliver have. Leia mothers Oliver, Nathan just gets in his face and makes loud noises but Spencer really plays with him. And the look on Oliver's face when Spencer is talking to him. I'm really looking forward to seeing how their little relationship develops.

3.I am thankful to have had Spencer around today for some rare one on one time. When Oliver went down for his afternoon nap I asked Spencer what he wanted to do. I offered him video games, TV, etc... and he decided to cut up a cardboard box and make something else out of it. Sometimes you wonder as a parent if you're getting it right and I am encouraged by my kids' desire to play outside, make things, and build forts out of furniture. It's not as easy for my neat freak self to accept some of these activities when watching the TV or playing video games is quiet and mess free but my kids are imaginative and interesting so who can complain about that?

4. I am thankful that I noticed that Oliver had something in his mouth before he choked today. Spencer had been playing with legos and Oliver had popped a tiny one in his mouth. I did that quick sweep of the mouth (which is quite dicey when your baby has 8 teeth) and removed the offending lego. No harm done. I have nightmares about dealing with a choking baby - enough said!

5. I am thankful for my freezer. I just don't want to cook tonight but I can still have a meal ready in 5 minutes anyway.


Here is a picture of Spencer playing a game of "Marines" with Oliver today. These are the moments I never want to forget.

No comments: