Saturday, November 20, 2010

Harry Potter

Today while Gary and I were walking around the mall with the kids I suddenly decided that I couldn't wait until next weekend to see Harry Potter like we had previously decided. I got Gary to drop me at the movie theater. He watched the kids while I saw the movie and now he has gone back this evening to watch it himself. Normally I might not want to go see a movie alone but not so with Harry Potter. It's ALL about the movie. I really couldn't care less who was sitting next to me. I'm a fan.

1. I am thankful for Harry Potter. It has made me laugh and cry over the years. I hesitate to name my favorite book as I love so many but I think the Harry Potter series is a serious contender.

2. I am thankful for a husband who will go along with my whims.

3. I am thankful for a quiet evening to get my lesson for tomorrow prepared. I enjoy having Gary around but sometimes it means I get nothing productive done. Now my lesson is prepped, I can enjoy my Sunday morning by making pancakes for the kids and just relaxing.

4. I am thankful to live in a place where I can drive 20 minutes and be in the middle of the mountains, but also where I can get to Super Target and back in 20 minutes. Sometimes I feel spoiled.

5. I am thankful for a chat about East Anglia with a nice couple in the movie theater. I am always ready to talk about the place I grew up and love with those who also appreciate it. I am always surprised by how small the world is these days. I'm glad it's that way or I might be more homesick.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Awesome. I'd go alone too. And I just might, to see it again! :)