Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sickness, a scare, and getting what I want.

Last night just after 11pm when Gary and I had BARELY fallen asleep, Leia came silently into our room and reached out and touched Gary's neck. Gary thought he had a large bug crawling on him and reacted as you might expect, instantly scaring the crap out of me as well. Leia had thrown up and had come to us for comfort and a bowl. All day today she has been layed out on the couch looking like death. She is looking somewhat better this evening after a bath and some Tylenol, and hopefully she will be in top form tomorrow so she can eat some turkey.

1. I am thankful Leia decided that Daddy was the one she needed to wake last night. Needless to say he has asked her that should she need us tonight when we're in bed, could she please say something like "wake up Daddy" instead of her other approach.

2. I am thankful that the kids got over this virus thing more or less before the holidays. No one likes to be sick over the holidays.

3. I am thankful that the virus seems to have missed Gary, Oliver and I. NO ONE likes a sick man (they are ALWAYS on death's door) or a sick puking baby.

4. I am thankful to have found the time to prep for the meal tomorrow. I should have minimal cooking to do so that I can just relax, which even the cook deserves to do on Thanksgiving right?

5. I am thankful that I got the last lego set on the shelf this evening. Spencer wants a specific set for Christmas, and I decided on a whim that with Black Friday coming up I better get it now before they are sold out in stores for the next few weeks. I'm not the type of person to get up at 4am and race people to get a $5 discount either.

2 comments:

Cumorah said...

Sorry to Leia, and your late night scare - but good for you and the Legos. I've already found a few things that my kids desperately wanted are out of stock. HOPEFULLY, new shipments will be coming in...if not...there's always next year, right? :)

Anonymous said...

Black Fridays are evil! I love to save that kind of money, but not at that price! You may be able to get some things online, however. Have you checked blackfriday.info? Some amazing deals there!

Way to go on the baking!