Friday, November 5, 2010

70 degrees outside - it is November right?

Today I was in Target (there's actually not too many days that go by without me setting foot in there) and the cashier was a man I would say was in his 50s, fairly heavyset, and not blessed by particularly good looks. But the minute he finished with the previous customer and turned his attention to me, he smiled. And that smile was amazing. I didn't want to look away. It simply lit up his whole face and just by looking at him I was filled with joy. What a gift. I know I have a "nice" smile - who doesn't? But I know it's not like that one.

1. I am thankful for that moment in Target.

2. I am thankful for amazing weather today. My kids really love playing outside and as I sit here typing I keep seeing Leia in a witch costume streaking past my open front door. Tonight I can sleep with the windows open - something that always promotes a more peaceful and I'm convinced, healthier sleep for me. This is always something that delights me each year here in Colorado. This is our third fall here and it couldn't be more beautiful.

3. I am thankful that Colorado is our home. In the beginning the move was very hard for me. I had to leave behind family and friends and deal with personal and financial issues at the same time. We're now into our third year here and I'm in love. No disrespect to Ohio but there's no real comparison to the beauty that is here. And the weather. Sunshine 300 days of the year, white Christmases, indian summers. Me and Colorado like one another.

4. I am thankful that tomorrow is the weekend. I get my whole family together for two days.

5. I am thankful that Oliver is picking up his pacifier and deftly popping it back in his mouth these days. It's a useful skill for a baby.

1 comment:

Robin said...

What a nice cheerful post! Go outside and enjoy this weather it is supposed to rain on Monday!