Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Nine months

1. I am thankful that my children remind me of the simple joys to be had in our lives. Joys like splashing in a bathtub.


2. I am thankful that each morning I am greeted by this gorgeous face. How could I ever be in a bad mood?


3. I am thankful that although Oliver is cutting two more teeth to add to the six he already possesses at only 9 months, he goes through this process like a champ. If it weren't for a diaper rash (which in all honesty I can only guess is related to teething) I would hardly be able to tell.


4. I am thankful that Gary is willing to get up and give Oliver his early morning bottle. I hate getting up in the mornings and even though I have to get up an hour later to get the other kids ready for school, Gary usually settles Oliver down for me so that I can get that done without the pressure of a hungry screaming baby.


5. I am thankful that we decided to bring another child into our family. Oliver was the last piece in the Asp family puzzle. He is so loved by each and every one of his siblings (often to the point of suffocation). I think of his life growing up surrounded by all this love and attention. I am happy for him that he will be so cherished and special and I pray that he will not let it go to his head!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Oliver is just beautiful! Is it ok to say that about a little boy? :)

Cumorah said...

so sweet