Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A tiring day.

1. I am thankful for all that I have accomplished today. I've cleaned two bathrooms, deep cleaned my kitchen, washed three loads of laundry to include bed sheets, picked up a prescription, shopped for some food, brined a turkey, prepared side dishes, started preparing desserts, coached the kids through cleaning the basement and their bedrooms including vacuuming and glass cleaning as well as all the other things I have to do anyway in the course of a regular day. I almost lost it when I was waiting for Gary to come home and the kids were being so noisy and my back hurt. But all my ducks are in a row for tomorrow and I can head to bed satisfied.

2. I am thankful that my kids were willing to help me with housework today. I took the vacuum cleaner downstairs and left Leia in charge of the main space and two bedrooms. She did an amazing job. I really don't think I could have done a better one. I often avoid letting the kids help because I think they'll do a poor job but today they surprised me. Even the boys stripped their beds, emptied trash and Spencer did a fair job of cleaning the glass in his and Nathan's closet doors.

3. I am thankful that Gary folded the laundry for me this evening. I just couldn't face it after everything else today. Even though I washed it all so Leia wouldn't freak out if she had to wear a pair of Spencer's tighty whities two days in a row, I hate to see a job half done.

4. I am thankful for Peggle. Just when I about had the aforementioned meltdown I managed to get the kids gathered around the computer. They were glued to a game of Peggle until Gary showed up to rescue me.

5. I am thankful for four day weekends. Bring on the holiday!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow - wonder woman! These days I feel like I have accomplished a lot if I manage to wash up the days dishes and keep Cate quiet whilst I give Max dinner and bath him! Have a happy Thanksgiving!! xxx

Anonymous said...

What a day! I'm so glad the kids helped out too. It's amazing what they can accomplish when they're willing to help out!