Monday, November 30, 2009

Here's to kicking off the Christmas Season!

I. I am so thankful for all my blessings. The gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, being able to be with my wonderful family forever, Gary's job, a comfortable home, friends, health, and much more besides. I can't name it all and throughout the experience of articulating what I'm thankful for this month I've come to the realization that life is really amazing. It was so tough moving out here and receiving the news that Dad had died. There were some really dark days especially as the ordeal with the house dragged on and on. But even though Dad is not here, I know I will see him again and I have the rest of my family, both my own extended family, Gary's extended family, and our own little unit here in Colorado Springs. I am very happy.

2. I am thankful that Nathan finally got to feel the baby move. For weeks now I have been trying to get Nathan to feel my tummy but every time the baby stops moving. Nathan always says "Wow" as if he's actually felt something but he hasn't. Since he's the youngest, I haven't been sure if he really understands. This morning the baby was really jumping around, (probably due to the rolos I'd just eaten) and when Nathan put his hand on my tummy the movement was really strong. Nathan's eyes got so wide and he looked totally shocked. It was a great moment.

3. I am thankful that when I went online this morning, our mortagage loan showed a balance of $0.00. So amazing after the rollercoster that has been the last 16 months. It's liberating. Maybe we'll just have a huge estate sale and move to England now with nothing but the clothes on our backs and start over. (Not going to happen but a very fun fantasy nonetheless)

4. I am thankful for the free Walmart photo with Santa. It fits into my budget very nicely and Santa is always so fake looking, it's funny. The beard looks like cotton wool and you can see the guy's dark stubble underneath. But the kids enjoy it immensely and when I was food shopping on Friday and Gary took them for the photo, it got them out from under my feet for a while.

5. I am thankful that I made it to the end of the month without missing any days since I started. Thanks to my friend for the suggestion. I might make it a tradition. But now I am blogged out and you might not hear from us for a while. You can be sure we'll be enjoying the season and hoping you are all doing the same.


Happy Christmas from all of us!

No comments: