Friday, November 13, 2009

Thank goodness it's Friday.

1. I am thankful for a much more relaxing day than yesterday.

2. I am thankful that I have nothing much to do this weekend. If it snows as has been forecast, I can just stay in and stay warm.

3. I am thankful for my crock-pot. It's hard to try and cook dinner when the kids come home from school and are all bouncy and need a million things. It's so much easier for me to make dinner at 9am when Leia and Spencer are at school and Nathan is preoccupied with Curious George.

4. I am thankful that I don't need Super Nanny's help. I won't say I have everything figured out and we have our moments but we have a good routine and don't stand for any rubbish.

5. I am thankful for Fridays. It's the only weekday the kids don't get homework. After being at school from 8.30-3.30 I just want my kids to be able to play with each other and not have to do more school work. Sometimes they are sitting there for an hour and they are 6 and 8!

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

What a wonderful thing to have snow. I will certainly miss it in FL. How nice that you can stay in this weekend and just enjoy your family. We are moving into the hotel and have stuff to pack up, still. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Amen for no homework Fridays!!! And ditto on getting dinner made early in the day! Great minds think alike! You'll have to pass along some of your fav. crock pot recipes! ;)