Saturday, November 28, 2009

Of a more trivial nature.

1. I am thankful for free movies. I had someone in the line at Redbox tell me a code (I smiled at him and then he told me the code. I've always believed in smiling at strangers and it's paid off for once!) and then we got one emailed to us.

2. I am thankful that Christmas Shopping for the kids is done.

3. I am thankful for my favorite t-shirt that is big enough to house me and the little guy and will still do so 10 weeks from now. And it's not a man's shirt either. I got it from Victoria's Secret.

4. I am thankful for great literature. There's nothing better than words strung together in an artistic way. The English language when used well can be beautiful. I despise a lot of modern words especially swear words. I find it very difficult to read books where such words are used. I'm re-reading a favorite right now and it's a great way to end my day.

5. I am thankful we were able to remain firm in a show down with Spencer tonight. He can be so tenacious in a meltdown. He can't win in these scenarios or we would lose his respect and our ability to discipline him in the future. Some children will look for the cracks and exploit them. Spencer is one of those!

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

You have a great smile! :o) And all my Christmas shopping for the kids is done, too! Hooray!

Rachel said...

Hooray for the super cute big baggy shirt from Victoria's Secret which I happen to be wearing right now - looks cute before, during and after pregnancy. One of the best purchases we ever made together!

Anonymous said...

Way to go supermom! You are a great example to me to stick to my guns!