Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Challenge

A friend is blogging about five things a day this month that she is thankful for. She said she would love to have others do the same and after a hard year for me I think I need to do this myself. I'm not always that peppy positive sunshiny person I should try to be more like. I know this frustrates Gary as he is often left to do the positive thing for the both of us. I'm not going to play catch up for the last few days but just get started from here. I'm going to be serious most of the time but throw in a few things that are just for fun.

1. I'm SO thankful for an offer on our house. After 15 months characterized by stress, financial craziness, renters from hell, and many unwanted tears and fights, the inspections have been done, they still want the house and there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel. (Here comes my pessimistic side thinking I hope it doesn't go wrong now I've finally articulated what's going on in a public setting!)

2. I am thankful for the sunshine in Colorado. It brightens my day when gloomy thoughts want to get in. There's nothing worse than grey skies for day after day. This is the first place I've lived where it seems to be as sunny in Fall/Winter as it is in Spring/Summer.

3. I am thankful for a niece with beautiful dark hair. Me, my sister and brother are all blonde (with a bit of red on my brother's noggin). Then I produced three unmistakable blondies. My sister then had Max who is blonde with another hint of red. We were happily surprised when baby Cate came out with dark hair. My sister had a short labor and is recovering so well which is another thing to be thankful for.

4. I am thankful for Nathan, my little buddy who is with me most of the day and keeps me laughing. Whether it's going to the store in his dog costume when it's not Halloween or sitting and laughing his head off at Tom and Jerry, he really is a mood enhancer (until 6pm when he won't sit still and eat dinner - then I need my adult time back!).

5. I am thankful for Borders Rewards. Every week I get a 30% off or 40% off coupon for one item. I've been buying books and things for the kids for Christmas here and there without ever having to pay full price or shipping. I hate last minute scrambling in December and this makes me feel organized and thrifty. Now if only I could get everything for Christmas in Borders!

1 comment:

Sarah B said...

I think that me and simon will probably have dark haired kids so you have that to look forward to!