Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's been a really beautiful day. Exactly how I pictured it going but better. The kids were quiet this morning and we didn't get up until 8.30am. At about 10am the boys headed out to the church Turkey Bowl and Leia and I made appetizers and things while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We had a nice table ready for the boys when they returned at about 12.30pm. After the food, Gary took the kids outside to put Christmas Lights on the house. The weather today was fantastic. It took a few hours and the kids were running around with no coats. Meanwhile I put the turkey in the oven and prepared the side dishes. I was all alone in the kitchen, cleaning up as I went along and by the time dinner was almost ready the kitchen was clean and the whole thing was pretty stress free. Our guests arrived and helped Gary finish up with the lights and then they played a game with the kids until dinner was ready. Dinner was perfect. I told myself that this year I would only make enough to feed everyone once but somehow we ended up with a fridge full of leftovers again. After dinner we played another game with the kids and then had dessert before our guests went home. The kids were exhausted at the end of the day. They have been absolutely angelic today. They loved every minute of the day and fell asleep straight away. Gary and I are now watching a movie and I plan to get an early night before another busy day tomorrow.

1. I am thankful for the beautiful weather today. The boys LOVED the football and it made putting up the lights less of a chore for Gary. It also allowed me to do my thing in the kitchen without too many "helpers".

2. I am thankful for wonderful dinner guests. Nathan called one of the missionaries "best buddy" all afternoon. They played with the kids and really contributed to the day.

3. I am thankful that dinner was actually fun to make and that everyone enjoyed it.

4. I am thankful for a moment today when Dad came into my mind and it made me smile. Home Alone was on TV and Dad used to laugh his head off at that movie. I could see him and hear him and remember again how thankful I am that he is my Dad.

5. I am thankful for all my many blessings especially my wonderful husband and children. I don't think I ever dreamed I would have so much.


Discussing the proper arrangement of Christmas Lights!


Dinner time.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time - and what great weather - what I would give for some lovely sunshine right now!! xx