Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day two.

Day two. I've been thinking about this on and off all morning. Nothing really jumped out at me but here goes.

1. I am so thankful for my children. It's actually very easy to feel an outpouring of love for them when they are all three at school and I have been wandering around Hobby Lobby! I decided to go and get the new baby's scrapbook today and get started since I have all the great ultrasound pictures of him. As I was walking around the store, the little guy was jumping around and I was reflecting on the privilege it is to be a mother and to be able to experience being pregnant.

2. I am thankful for my Snoogle pillow. I have been having a hard time with hip pain at night and am frequently turning over to get relief as well as going back and forth to the bathroom. I was about to buy a used pillow on ebay but then decided the germ-o-phobe in me which is actually not that dominant really needed a new one. The only place in town to get a Snoogle as far as I know is at Burlington Coat Factory for any of you that are interested so we headed out there after Gary got home from work. It worked great. My discomfort was reduced by 80% overnight. I just have to get used to less space in bed with me Gary and the Snoogle.

3. I am thankful for my favorite radio station, BPM which is commercial free and plays only music I love all day long. There's just something about driving down the road with the music turned up loud which makes me feel on top of the world.

4. I am thankful for sharing interests with my daughter. Last night we watched Dancing with the Stars together. I love it when she snuggles with me and she still has her thumb in her mouth after 8 years.

5. The random things that make me think of Dad. More on that another time.

As I read back over what I've written it sounds like a an ad for body pillows and radio stations but sometimes it's the little things that we forget to notice.

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

What is BPM? Is that the radio station you listen to in your van?

Saquel25 said...

Yep, it's a remix/dance station.

Robin said...

Sarah, this is such a great idea. I like reading wht you are thankful for because it makes me think about what I am thankful for!

Robin said...

Oh and roland has a body pillow similar to yours that he uses everynight. We call it the "girlfriend" because he cuddles with it more than with me!