Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A nice day.

1. I am thankful that Gary and I got to go out on a date today. He decided to take the day off and after we dropped Nathan at school we were able to go out for lunch and to do a little Christmas Shopping. It was so nice to just be with Gary and forget about housework for the day.

2. I am thankful for durable tires. Yesterday, Leia left her scooter on the garage floor exactly where I pull the car in. It's a big no no and we've had conversations about it because when it's laying down I can't see it over the hood of the car. I ran right over it and was convinced it had damaged the tire. This morning it was still fully inflated. Phew!

3. I am thankful that the boys love legos. When shopping for Christmas it's so hard not to get sensory overload. Gary and I walk down the toy aisles and get very confused most of the time. For boys especially, there's so much stuff. Transformers, Star Wars, Bakugan, G.I.Joe, Pokemon, legos etc.... Gary thinks girls should feel like they can play with all that stuff but let's be honest - they're not very interested. So Gary and I can go pick them out a couple of lego sets and know they'll be ecstatic. Plus I feel like they can use their imagination with legos more than with other toys. Now if I could only get past the fact that we have legos in all four corners of the house and further afield. I feel like my whole life is picking up legos!

4. I am thankful for a peek at my friend's newborn baby today. I'm getting a little bit more baby hungry as the weeks are going by. I need to get excited since at times my apprehension about jumping back into the baby stage is quite significant. I'm used to life with no diapers for two years and full nights of sleep for four. Between my new Niece Cate and my friend's brand new little boy I think it's safe to say I'm ready to get show number 4 on the road.

5. I am thankful that I made way too much dinner yesterday. This may seem like a small thing but after a busy day I just couldn't face making dinner. I got out the leftovers for the kids and took a pass on everything that cooking entails - dishes, planning, etc...... I just had some toast myself about an hour ago and it was relaxing. I'm tired.

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I love lunch dates with my hubby! :o)

Diana said...

Love legos! I just make my kids keep them in their room so the little pieces don't get everywhere. I just realized last night that I'm not quite ready for sleepless nights either.