Friday, November 27, 2009

Beware: A Christmas Carol may scare children!

1. I am thankful that the kids went to sleep really well tonight. We took them to see Disney's A Christmas Carol today and it was much scarier than I anticipated. In fact all three kids seemed unsettled after it. I was half expecting them to be scared at bedtime but no such problems. Here's hoping that we don't get any middle of the night visits.

2. I am thankful that I didn't show up at Target until 8.30 this morning. When I got there the crowd gave me palpitations. I managed to get one good bargain and although most of the specials were gone, I wasn't in the market for them anyway. I can't imagine what it was like when the doors opened. Overall, once I'd been to a few places including the mall I came to the conclusion that Black Friday shopping is not generally worth the crowds and the fighting for parking spots.

3. I am thankful that we had leftovers from yesterday. It's nice not to have to cook and the leftovers were almost as good as the first time around.

4. I am thankful that we have all our Christmas decorations. It has seemed that every year up until now we have had to buy things to add to the collection. This year we won't need to buy anything. We can get out our stuff and decorate whenever the fancy takes us.

5. I am thankful that my Mum gets here in 8 weeks. I miss her. I wish my sister could come too. And bring her kids. The holidays make me sentimental.

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I wish I knew where my Christmas decorations were...I hope to get them up sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

I farted