Sunday, November 29, 2009

One more day to go!

1. I am thankful that we got most of the Christmas Decorations up. I decorated the mantel with lights and our various nativity sets, nutcracker, candle holders etc... while Gary got out the tree and strung it with lights. The kids were in bed and originally we had planned on doing everything to cut down on the chaos. But in the end we stopped short of putting the ornaments on the tree. The kids will be so excited to put them on tomorrow evening.

2. I am thankful that Leia loves to talk to her Grandma on the phone. It's hard having my family so far away but despite it all, our relationships are as close as ever.


And I think someone is also trying to steal my body pillow!

3. I am thankful that the kids go back to school tomorrow. Three weeks of school will get us all excited to be together again for Christmas Break.

4. I am thankful that the kids BEG me to make egg sandwiches for them for lunch. At least I know that tomorrow they will eat their sandwiches and not skip straight to the cookies.

5. I am thankful that I could get my boots off after church today. As I was sitting in a meeting my legs were tingling and going numb. I think I better stop forcing my legs into small boots at least until February!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am going shopping for Christmas decorations today! Very excited! Great body pillow - if I decide to ever be pregnant again I am going to have to get me one of those! xx