Friday, November 20, 2009

Stuff

Today we receieved our documents with the final amount of money we have to take to closing on Monday. We transferred the money and it felt like taking thousands of dollars of cash and flushing it down the toilet. I'm so angry about what has happened with the economy. And I'm angry about how we were all sold on the idea that owning a home was an investment, security for the future and all that crap.

1. I am thankful that we are out of the housing market mess. Despite the fact that we have our own mess to clean up, at least we can control this one and not be swept along by uncontrollable factors, something I HATE.

2. I am thankful for perspective. If I didn't have that, I could dwell on current circumstances and get depressed. All the important things are in tact and thriving while we deal with what is really only a side issue.

3. I am thankful for an evening out with the girls. Watching a movie featuring loads of truly sickening dialogue and not having to cook can banish the demons.

4. I am thankful that Gary waited up for me so I could talk about my evening. And this evening I had a lot to tell him.

5. I am thankful that Gary is letting me sleep in tomorrow morning. Sleep is the holy grail and I love that once a week I don't have to wake up to "I want, I want, I want."

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

Wish we could have a girl's night and have similar fun together!