Sunday, November 15, 2009

Heels or flats?

Today was so so cold. I didn't want to go out but responsibility called. I slid all the way to church and tottered around on the ice in the parking lot in my heels. I suppose I could have worn flats but the pair of boots I have that are flat are an unusual pair of Doc Martens with some tight elastic bits that REALLY hug my legs. I could just picture the discomfort they might cause at this point in the pregnancy. I'm not willing to do anything to cause any extra pain anywhere.
It was good to get back home after the shall we say interesting experience of teaching Spencer's Sunday School class on short notice.

1. I am thankful for hot chocolate and a fire on a cold day.

2. I am thankful for Sunday afternoon naps.

3. I am thankful that I kept my patience when Spencer and two of his friends didn't want to listen to anything I had to say in the lesson today. I took some deep breaths and I am hoping that something sunk in with a few of the kids amidst the chaos.

4. I am thankful for my wheat pillow. It's like a band-aid with my kids. Tonight Nathan said his tummy hurt and he was moaning, and holding his stomach. He refused to eat any dinner and I was a little worried. He didn't have a fever so I concluded he had bad gas. I suggested the wheat pillow and it was like magic. He went to bed at 6pm and when Gary put the wheat pillow on his tummy he said "Oh yeah Daddy, that's nice", and was asleep within 5 minutes.

5. I am thankful for Gary getting me caught up on laundry so that I don't have to put dirty socks on the kids tomorrow morning. Sometimes things go by the wayside and last week laundry was one of them.

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

Where can I get this magic wheat pillow?