Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The good doctor.

1. I am thankful for my doctor's appointment today. My blood pressure was low, the baby's heartbeat was in the 140s, my belly measured a little bit small but within the normal range, and I have gained 10 lbs so far which is normal. I often worry during pregnancy about all sorts of things but I feel good after a check-up and reassurance from the doctor that everything is going well.

2. I am thankful for a doctor that is willing to induce me whenever I want after 39 weeks. I will probably wait for nature to take it's course but it's nice to know if I get to a point where I can't take it anymore, I have choices. He also told me he is happy to discharge me within 24 hours of giving birth. Now if the pediatrician could get on board I would be one happy camper!

3. I am thankful that it only took 4 shots to get a great family portrait today. I'm not unveiling it just yet but everything went smoothly. It has a lot to do with the kids ages and I'm enjoying it. Everyone looked at the camera and smiled at the same time, the lighting was great, the background looked good and my tripod is worth its weight in gold.

4. I am thankful for a quick chat with my sister today. Even though we had nothing earth shattering to say, it always gives my day a boost to touch base with her.

5. I am thankful that today is done and all there is left to do is relax. Of course the kitchen could be cleaner and the carpet could do with a vacuum but I am letting it go tonight. At the end of the day, when the kids are tucked in I often find I've been running on almost empty for the last few hours and I have to slow down. But I am satisfied with how the day has gone. The kitchen and carpet will be waiting for me in the morning.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Was great to speak with you too.. I am starting to really feel the need to see you! Oh well! I can particularly relate to your last point. My house is in desperate need of cleaning, but what with everything that having a newborn and a 19 month old entails, I just can't bring myself to do it right now. Trouble is, I wish I could be one of those people who really doesn't care if their house is dirty! Love you xxx