Monday, November 23, 2009

Closing day.

1. I am SO thankful that the house closed today. We got a call from our realtor about 4pm to say the papers were signed. It's been such a long road (about 16 months) that I can hardly believe it's true. I keep obsessively checking online to see if the mortgage has been paid off but of course I know it probably won't register for a day or two until the money arrives and the necessary office work is done.

2. I am thankful that now we only have to pay for the electricity, water, housing, and gas that we are actually using. I am also thankful that our insurance bill will also go down a bit.

3. I am thankful that Spencer's burn seems to be pretty pain free today. It doesn't look great this evening but he hasn't complained about it all day and Gary was even able to wash it a bit in the bath tonight.

4. I am thankful that Gary came home early today. I got a little nap on the sofa while Gary kept an eye on the kiddos.

5. I am thankful that the kids had an opportunity to blow the cobwebs away and play outside today. Tonight is supposed to be the coldest night yet this year but with some gloves, hats and determination, the kids were outside playing with a friend for over an hour.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

And I am thankful for the surprise phone call I got from my favourite niece today - she really is a ray of sunshine. Speaking of sunshine, I really hope the sun comes out tomorrow - if it doesn't make an appearance, this may well tip me over the edge!!

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! I am so glad you guys are done with that house! What a relief! Wish I could be there with you to can the demons! ;)