Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I'm not trying to make you jealous but......

I seriously have the best daughter in the world. Today she woke up with a swollen and red face from some kind of reaction to a cluster of mosquito bites on her face. She was so embarassed with how it looked bless her. We had until the afternoon to wait until her doctor's appointment so we decided to go to a movie to take her mind off all the itching. She was in a lot of discomfort and whenever someone looked at her she was hiding behind me or covering her face with a sweater. But she kept on smiling.

Then this afternoon, one of my best friends took care of the boys and we jogged off to the doctors. He kept staring at her. It was rather obvious he didn't know what was going on with her. In the end he prescribed antibiotic ointment as well as telling me to give her Benadryl in case of either infection or allergic reaction.

Once Gary got home, me and Leia went to pick up her prescription. We had to wait a while so we wandered around the store. Leia told me she loved shopping with me and that this was a great day because I had promised to take her to the library after we had her prescription.

She has such a sunny disposition and I love to be around her. She loves to read and going to the library which I am sure you'll know thrills me! She has had an itchy rash on her face all day which would have sent me straight to bed for the entire day.

And then she even let me take a photo of her. She was a little wary but true to her personality, she said okay and even smiled.


The other day I got a letter from her on my pillow when I woke up. Here's an excerpt.


"Thank you for taking care of me. Your the best Mom ever. PS. I love you so much"


She's ready to help me whenever asked with a smile. She's always enthusiastic about new things. She's just amazing. I wonder sometimes what I did to deserve her. I hope that I can be the role model she needs.

Despite the rash and the running around, today has been a good day. I am happy.

4 comments:

nicole said...

She is an absolute doll. Isn't it great to have a girl as the oldest? I love them at this age, but I also can't wait till they're older when we'll be best friends and we'll be able to confide in one another. (That is, once they get past that teenage years, when they'll want nothing to do with us. ;))

Mamapierce said...

Way to go, Leia! She does have such a bubbly and happy personality! Like mother, like daughter. xx

Lilola said...

She is so pretty, it's nice that she wasn't too shy about having her picture taken, warts (so to speak) and all.

Anonymous said...

Ohh what a sweetie! Tyler woke up the other morning with a swollen eye. It has happened before when he has been bitten by a spider. It is so frustrating not being able to help them. Tyler couldn't even open his eye. The first time it happened he was like 5 and thought he was blind in that eye. :) I'm glad she is such a trooper!