Friday, July 11, 2008

Daddy's home!


As usual, the kids were thrilled to see their Daddy after a week long absence. I am so grateful that Gary is such a great Dad. The children close to hero worship the guy. I think he likes it!



As you can see from Nathan's face and arm, he appears to be experiencing the onset of a similar reaction to what Leia has just had. At this point I am convinced that poison ivy is out. I've read up on it and there is no incubation period. Once you touch it, things start to happen straight away. And I have been extra sure to keep the children away from any plant life that I'm not 100% sure is safe since Leia's reaction happened. I'm thinking it has to do with mosquito bites. Who knows what mosquitoes carry around and Nathan and Leia were both bitten several times just prior to the flare ups. It certainly makes life difficult and I'm hoping that there are a lot less mosquitoes in Colorado since it's drier and higher altitude. I hate to think I am doomed to be dealing with mosquito bite related issues every summer. Last year it was infections from scratching bites.
Life is never boring with three active children. I think by the time we're all safe and sound in Colorado I'll have been blessed with some gray hair.

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

Poor Nathan! How is Leia's rash doing?