Thursday, July 3, 2008

Steroids

Why do steroids sound ominous? At least to me they do and the thought of my 7 year old taking them orally and topically is not so great. But if it does the trick then I'll be fine.
This morning she woke and her face was really swollen. She couldn't eat properly because she couldn't open her mouth very far. I took one look followed by Spencer's exclamation of "HOLY COW" and managed to catch Gary before he was out the door. Thankfully he was able to take her to the docs again while I stayed with the boys.
Now I enjoy modern medicine as much as the next person and I don't expect doctors to be perfect. However I think that if a doctor is not sure then he could at least get a second opinion from a colleague instead of just guessing. I will say that this time he has agreed to call us tomorrow even though it's the 4th to check back in on her progress. At this point, all we can surmise is that she got bitten by something since all three of the children play in the exact same surroundings so it can't possibly be poison ivy or anything.
It's a mystery I guess. I am tempted to tear apart her bedroom to make sure there aren't any suspicious insects hiding anywhere.
And even I can't toy with her by bringing out the camera this time. Hopefully by the time anyone else sees her again she will be back to her old self.

2 comments:

nicole said...

Awww, sweet girl. We'll keep her in our prayers.

Mamapierce said...

Poor Leia. It may not be a bad idea to tear through her room and look for suspicious insects. xx