Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bits 'n' pieces

Being a Mommy is extremely embarrassing at times. Of course I am endeavoring to teach my children to take care of their bodies and not smoking would be one of the ways to do it. So what do you do when your 7 year old approaches a man and woman minding their own business while smoking a cigarette and says "Smoking is bad for you"? And not only does she say that but she keeps repeating it as though she is expecting them to suddenly say "WOW, I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me", while simultaneously extinguishing their cigarettes.
The other day I almost disowned my 5 year old in the Wal-Mart bathroom. I was relieving myself in one stall and he was innocently waiting outside (or so I thought). Next I hear a very indignant woman say "Stop looking underneath the toilet stalls young man". Sure enough it's my child who's the peeping tom. Am I wrong for wondering if I could get away with pretending he's not mine - at least until the woman in question has exited the bathroom?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! Yeah I love those moments too! I can totally empathize!

Mamapierce said...

Ha ha! Those are the things you'll look back and laugh about. :o)

nicole said...

Ha! Funny!! I can sure relate! Celeste has said, "She's not being modest mommy" a few times, usually loud enough for them to hear. It's great that she's so honest, but I'm still working helping her filter what comes out of her mouth!

Rachel Hall said...

Brilliant! Spencer is just curious! I remember how inquisitive he was when he saw me breastfeeding Max! He got right in close to have good look!