Saturday, July 19, 2008

"FORE!"

Today after our house scrubbing detail, we decided to get out of the house for a bit and have some fun. We ended up at a mini golf course. It was interesting to say the least. Here we are before we teed off.



Nathan was having a great time. He took his ball and each time he dropped it on the green a few inches from the hole and when he had tapped it in he jumped up and down and said "I did it".


And then there was Spencer. He was having a hard time holding the club correctly and in the end he decided it was a lot more fun to keep dropping his ball into the water hazards and fishing it out with the handy nets. Needless to say his ball was confiscated several times.


Leia took a while to get the hang of it but by the end she was really catching on. She even got a hole in one on one of the holes. Without the distractions of boys running around in the path of the ball I think she could have given it a real shot.


The heat was a little much. In the end Nathan just sat down on the green to watch me on my final hole.


And speaking of myself. To coin a phrase used by one of my sisters-in-law, I "kicked Gary's trash". I'm not sure how I pulled that one off as he pretty much always beats me but I am energized to repeat the performance!

6 comments:

Lilola said...

What fun! I have't played miniature golf in years - I may have to now! LOL

nicole said...

Woo-hoo! You go girl! It looks like you guys had a great time. :)

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one that said that! ;) I had to laugh about Spencer's mischief-making!! Hee hee hee!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I'm all about beating the boys! ha!

Mamapierce said...

How fun is that! What a great family activity! :o)

Sarah C said...

That looks like so much fun!