Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Of firehouse dogs and packing.....

It takes a lot to interest my five year old boy who has (at least it seems to me) the shortest attention span of any child I've ever met and my three year old boy who cannot keep still even if his life depended on it. To help with the boredom of the long summer we've been going to the free movies on Wednesday mornings. Normally we go to the local theater but today they were showing a movie we own and have worn out so I decided to go across town to another theater to see a movie we'd never seen before. It was the most fun we've had at the movies this Summer. My boys were TRANSFIXED during a large part of the movie and all the kids laughed out loud several times. I found myself getting teary eyed at the end and when I looked over at Leia she was teary eyed as well. I wasn't expecting a whole lot from a movie entitled "Firehouse Dog" but it was great. I think I enjoyed it more than Wall-E and we paid close to $50 or something ridiculous like that to see it.
And I've decided that packing to move is therapeutic. It gives me a chance to cut loose on a lot of things I really don't need. Cutting the clutter is wonderful. It's like turbo charged Spring Cleaning. That's my story and I'll be sticking with it!!

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Sounds like a fun activity - you're such a good mom, always doing fun things with your kids. When will you go to TN?

Sarah C said...

I am glad you had fun at the movies. I will have to check that one out.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! You're hired to cut the crap at my next move! ;) hee hee hee