Saturday, July 26, 2008

Candy

Yesterday was just one of those days. The kids and I are kind of sick of one another and there was a lot of conflict going on. My usual outlet (Gary) is gone until Friday and so I have been turning to my old and dear friend chocolate. Last night I retired to my bedroom with two mood enhancers - a book and some chocolate truffles. I always go into the kid's bedrooms before I turn in to check on them and when I checked on Nathan I was holding the truffles. I dropped the package as I leaned over the bed. Nathan looked to me to be completely asleep yet he whispered one very distinct word. "CANDY". I wonder if sensing the presence of chocolate while asleep is the new sixth sense. I suspect I might have the same talent!

6 comments:

Rachel Hall said...

Quality! Nathan is a man after my own heart - and may I also say that chocolate is the miracle drug - many a woe of mine has been cured by chocolate. I remain truly thankful for the fact that I live in England where Cadbury's reign supreme!

Saquel25 said...

Yeah, yeah, rub salt into the wound!

nicole said...

Funny! Yum... Cadbury... my good friends from Ireland would always bring boxes of Cadbury chocolate back to the States. They brought one for me every time... white chocolate cadbury "buttons". DELICIOUS! Do they sell those in England also?

Mamapierce said...

It's amazing what your kids can pick up...

Anonymous said...

What would we do without the comforts of a good book to escape from reality and chocolate to lift our spirits? Call if you need a sitter or a shoulder for support!

Sarah C said...

Cute story. Chocolate does seem to have a way to make us smile.