Friday, February 13, 2009

2 hour delay

I would never wish for school to be cancelled but once in a while I really do enjoy a 2 hour delay. This morning I got up at 8.30 instead of 7. I made the kids pancakes for breakfast and then I got to lounge around while Leia watched TV she doesn't normally get to, which is a big treat for her. And because she was calm, it seemed to have a knock on effect with the boys. Spencer played pbskids.org and Nathan bounced between watching TV and watching Spencer play games. I even had time to make Leia's hair look a bit prettier than usual in token of Valentine's Day and I sprinkled some pink and red candy corns in her lunchbox. Of course I'm still wearing my sweats and pink fluffy slippers and it's going on 10.30am. But I am relaxed and will be ready to start the day once I get dressed. I think I may go to the mall with Nathan this afternoon. Gary and I are going out tomorrow night and I need to figure out how to do my hair. I am no good at that kind of thing. It's either straightened for church or pulled back in a pony or something. The event we are going to is posh, at a hotel downtown. I managed to get this great dress on sale for a ridiculous price. But as for my hair, I'm stumped. I've seen these things that twist your hair up in Claire's accessories but it's not really my thing. Are you supposed to do stuff that's not really you for black tie or can you just say forget it?
Here are a few shots I took the other day.

This was the way Leia dressed herself the other day. Can you tell she likes pink?

This is Nathan's favorite trick to entertain and impress. He mostly does it at dinnertime to distract us from the fact that he hasn't eaten anything. He looks straight ahead with his left eye and then crosses the right one. It's much more spectacular in real life and we've no idea how he came up with it.


As usual Leia and Nathan were more than happy to pose for me while Spencer showed zero interest.

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

I don't think you have to pull your hair up for a posh night out. You can have it down, too. I'm sure you'll be gorgeous! You'll post some pictures, right? RIGHT??