Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's November and it's 75 degrees F outside.

So we decided to go hiking of course. A lady came up to us while we were out and asked if the kids were Triplets! Now we've had plenty of people ask if the boys are twins but this was a first. We laughed about that for a while.


Starting out on the trail


Leia brought along her trusty binoculars


This area is so wild and alien looking to me. I appreciate it's beauty but it's so very different from what I've been used to my whole life. Lately I've seen huge tumbleweeds bigger than basketballs blowing around the neighborhood. And then today there were all these little cactus growing along the trail. Unfortunately, Nathan was navigating some rough terrain at one point. He fell and put out his hand to break the fall and his hand came into contact with one of these things. Gary had to pick out at least 12 spines from the palm of his hand. He was none too pleased.


Wouldn't it be wonderful to live there!


Time to pose for a picture


Gary and I were chatting as we were hiking and as we passed this pond/lake I made the comment that it could be man-made. Gary thought not, and Leia said "Maybe it was girl-made".


We came across a great quarry that the kids loved. They started to pretend they were mountain lions. Nathan kept sliding as he entered the quarry. He kept saying "I'm slippering". It was very cute.


Having fun


On the way home, we passed a Wild West museum with this outside. It made me think about the Pioneers. They actually crossed the Rocky mountains in those. I can't imagine how it was done. I'm sure they had divine assistance.

5 comments:

Rachel Hall said...

Triplets - crazy crazy! So jealous of your warm weather - it is soooo cold and damp here - horrible and depressing. Speaking of depressing, a young woman at the ward we visited today asked me if I had another baby in my belly! Oh joy, think I will cheer myself up by eating some chocolate tonight! Love you xx ps did Mum tell you about our mortgage company approving out let? Hoorah! Get me out of here!

jennifer said...

Amazing scenery. Have you read The Host yet by Stephenie Meyer? It takes place in AZ, but the scenery described looks just like your pictures!

jennifer said...

BTW, I love Leia's comment!

Mamapierce said...

Wow - from those pictures, it looks as though Spencer and Leia are the same height! WOW!

Anonymous said...

Those prickly pear cacti are so prickly---fancy that! Your pics make me miss AZ! I'm living vicariously through your hikes! ;) Leia rocks!