Monday, May 26, 2008

Today

Today was a pretty perfect day. This morning we prepared for a picnic in the park, and then attended it. It went off without a hitch. Everyone seemed to have a good time, especially the kids. They were exhausted by bedtime which just means silence all evening. Gary and I can crash and watch TV, read, and enjoy each other's company. My favorite kind of evening! Below are a few highlights I managed to capture during all the busyness.



Talking on the phone to Grandma is WAY more fun if you climb into a tree to do it!



I am in love with the Clematis climbing all over my back gate. I only wish it would last all summer. I thought I better capture how beautiful it is before it's gone for another year.



I am so lucky to have not one or two, but three superheroes to protect me. Nathan told me as I dressed him for bed that "Superheroes save the day".

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I would feel safe if I had three superheroes like that! :o)

The picnic was great fun! It was well attended, the company was superb, and the weather was accomodating - what more do we need?

nicole said...

How cute! Thanks for all your work for the picnic... it was great! We loved the location, it was much more secluded than the park on Shull road. Enjoy those subs! ;)

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun at the picnic. Thank you and Gary for all your hard work in putting it together.