Saturday, May 3, 2008

Insanity

Today I woke up with an insane urge to go to IKEA. I knew it would happen sooner or later since I have been wanting to do something about the shelves in Leia's bedroom. They were floating shelves which were getting bowed down by the weight of all her books as well as books sliding off the shelves all the time. Getting a bookcase in Huber Heights was a viable option of course but everything is so expensive. It was a risk going to IKEA as I love all their stuff and it's easy to get seduced which is what ended up happening. As well as a bookcase for Leia we got her a reading chair and stuffed animal storage. And then as we were walking around without kids (they have this amazing play area where you can check your kids in for 45 minutes of kid free shoppping), we decided to have another go at putting the boys in the same bedroom. My wonderful sis and her hubby are coming to visit in June and we really like having a spare room. That was my second case of insanity today.

We bought the boys a storage unit for the bedroom and matching bad sheets and made the room look really nice before bed and then settled them down. It's now 9pm and they are still wide awake. We have come up with this strategy for the situation and we are going to see what happens. I just bought a load of ice cream cones and a big gallon tub of ice cream. The kids have been enjoying a cone every day. For every evening that goes badly, they won't get ice cream the next day. Suffice it to say, Leia is going to be enjoying ice cream on her own tomorrow.

I just hope I can have staying power with this. I know in the long run it is going to be worth it. It gives us more space in the house for toys, and guests, and it will be nice for them as well. I loved sharing with Rachel. We had our moments but I wouldn't trade the memories for anything.

But if it weren't for the swedish meat balls, the 99 cent kids meals, the supervised play area, and insanely cheap bed linens, the boys would be asleep by now.

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

That chair is adorable!!! I want one for me! Er, I mean, Anna! :o) IKEA sounds like a great store, especially the childcare part! :o)

Anonymous said...

Love it! It's so much fun at IKEA. Wish I was a little girl with my own pretty room sometimes! ;)

Rachel Hall said...

Leia looks so grown up in her room next to her bookshelf full of books - she is a minature Sarah!! Sharing a room with you was brilliant! Some of my most cherished memories include us dancing on our beds singing into hairbrushes, staying up late into the night laughing and Mum coming in to tell us off, and arguing over who would get to play their music on the stereo - invariably you won and played Pet Shop Boys which I hated at the time, but now I love listending to them as it brings back all those memories! Good times!