Tuesday, May 13, 2008

6pm conversation with Leia

Leia: (Very loud and whiny) MOM

Me: Yes Leia

Leia: Spencer's saying Blah Blah Blah to me.

Me: Oh

Leia: (Even louder and more whiny) But MOM. He's saying Blah Blah to me

Me: So what do you want me to do?

Leia: Tell him to stop it.

Me: Stop it Spencer

Spencer: (In the background) Blah Blah Blah

Leia: He's doing it again

SILENCE

Leia: Mom, why are you ignoring me?

SILENCE

Leia: (Having reached an all time high pitched whining) Mom, why aren't you talking to me?

Me: (Wearily) Yes Leia?

SILENCE

Me: (My patience is getting thin) I'm talking to you now. What can I do for you?

SILENCE

Me: (Urgently) Leia?

Leia: So how did that make you feel when I ignored you?

Spencer: (In the background) Blah Blah Blah

VERDICT: It's bedtime!

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Blah blah blah, eh? There could have been worse things said, right? ;o)

nicole said...

Ha Ha! That's hilarious! I think we've had that exact same conversation repeatedly at our house. I finally have started asking the kids to only "tattle" on each other when someone is hurt. It's been great!

You crack me up! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love how the girl is already using her wits to see if she can get her message across. Bedtime is sometimes the best medicine! ;)