Thursday, November 29, 2007

One of those days


I am tired. Because it has been one of those days. This morning Nathan woke up with a huge poop in his diaper accompanied by a diaper rash. To quote my good friend Jill - "sigh". I tried to avoid inhaling as I dealt with this wonderful start to the day. Then the boys proceeded to trash the house complete with strewing my cds everywhere and leaving tiny plastic soldiers all over the house specifically for me to tread on. By the time I had cleaned up the mess I needed some stress relief and so I turned, naturally, to Hobby Lobby and Target for said relief. However, once arriving at Hobby Lobby, I discovered that Nathan had a wet backside. Why did you not anticipate this I hear you ask. Well only because this was the third diaper of the day and it was only 11am. I changed him in the car but was assailed by the aromatic fragrance of pee soaked jeans for the rest of my outing. I had a temporary moment of "ahhhh" when I found something that Leia would really like for Christmas but then it was right back to business. After lunch I sought a quiet few minutes by laying Nathan down and putting Spencer in his room for some quiet time. I had literally closed the door on him when he yelled through the door, "Something fell off my glasses". Now this is a truly ominous statement - one that strikes fear into my heart. I opened the door to see his glasses bent into a truly unrecognisable state with one lens popped out of the frame of course. Now he has popped out the lens and bent the frame before and we have managed to fix it but one look at this mess told me it would amount to a trip to Beavercreek. So by the time Gary arrived home, Spencer was truly sullen because of the disciplining I had to implement. Off Gary trotted to Lenscrafters at my worst time of day. Leia is tired from school and Nathan is grumpy. Not 20 minutes after Gary has left the house, Nathan is walking like he is saddle sore and crying. Whilst I am dealing with poopy diaper number two which has inevitably worsened the diaper rash, I reflect on why it is that my son sees the need to poop twice, sometimes three times a day. Perhaps it has something to do with the two or three bananas he eats daily??? If any of you have never experienced what an almost three year old's poopy diaper is like, I will let you in on it. It's the same as if you pooped in a diaper and then had to see it up close.


Maybe later on this evening, I will wax lyrical about how wonderful, gorgeous, and good my children are. No doubt the clock will read 11pm and my children will be asleep at that point!

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Wow, it sounds like you're having such a tough day! Come to my house. Let me lighten your load. I have chocolate. You're welcome anytime, girlfriend. :o)

Anonymous said...

Ohh, poor thing! These are the daily things we don't get any thanks for! But, our kids will be better off for the dirty jobs we do for them, right?! (Bring on the potty training! ;)