Monday, November 19, 2007

A new Mommy



Yesterday Spencer told me he was going to get a new Mommy after I had to discipline him for another one of his many infractions. I was very upset for a while, not just at that but at the whole confrontation beforehand. He is hands down the most difficult of my children so far. When Gary got home from work I just had to shut myself in the bedroom for a few hours and try and banish the bad feelings. And then today came around and one look at my boy just banishes the blues. He came home from school with his Indian Brave hat on and we chatted about what he did at school. Mostly he told me he ate "pup cakes" meaning cupcakes. It was his Thankgiving Feast at school. He just has to look at me with that Spencer look which he has been wearing on his face since day one and I am so thankful for him. He has always had this uncanny ability to tug at my heart strings, and now he has to wear glasses which for some reason pulls them even more. The other picture is of when he was only a month old.

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

He looks SO MUCH like you, Sarah...I can relate with the discipline. Anna is, by far, my easiest & most difficult child. lol.

I like the word: infractions. I can honestly say that I haven't heard that word before. You are a walking dictionary!

Anonymous said...

I saw Spence today at church and have to admit his specs are so darling! It gives his look a whole new dynamic! Cute kid!