Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I love first grade!



Today after school Leia wanted to draw a picture for each member of her class at school. When I saw her about to grab 24 pieces of my paper I stepped in and divided 6 sheets into four and she was off. She wanted me to write down all the names of her class mates so she could spell them correctly on their pictures. An easy task you may think until she started to name names. I can honestly say I had no idea how to spell them and was left scratching my head. For example (Phonetically of course), Dee-mat-aeyo, Jay-lon, Tar-eek, Sam-air-a. Here in America it seems that people love unusual or even made up names. It's certainly different. While she was drawing she was chattering away to me and at one point she said. "I just love first grade. I can do math like 4 + 4 is 8. And did you know that the bald eagle stares at you and its wings are 7 feet long?" It's so great to hear things like that. A six year old girl is absolutely the most fun. I recommend them to anyone!

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

Such a chatterbox! But so fun, you are right. :o)