Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A walk down memory lane.

First we celebrated a wonderful year of having this sweet girl in our lives. She and Oliver have some very similar facial expressions.


And then we celebrated a year of having this little guy with us. He has an interesting personality to say the least and perhaps a bit more than his siblings, he ADORES Oliver.


After a lovely year with the second little Asp guy, we had no idea what a whirlwind we had on our hands. He doesn't believe Oliver needs any personal space/boundaries.


And then there is Oliver. He became momentarily shy as Gary put the cupcake in front of him and we all started staring at him.




But who can resist yummy chocolate cupcakes with banana and a hint of coconut frosted with a whipped chocolate ganache? Can you tell I have progressed in the skill of baking (especially presentation) since Leia, Spencer and Nathan?

It didn't take too long for him to decide to give the whole sugar experience his best shot.

And he decided he liked it. A LOT!

And what better way to finish off dinner than with a good old fashioned raspberry. Oliver thinks we all enjoy being sprayed by chocolate spittle, indeed any kind of spittle.

4 comments:

Diana said...

I cannot believe its been a whole year. Those pictures of oliver melt my heart. If I didn't have a baby of my own and one on the way, (who would have thought that would have happened this time last year, certainly not me!) I'd definitely be aching for one just looking at his sweetness. Happy Birthday. What, you don't love baby spit? *wink*

Mamapierce said...

Aha! The last picture - he looks like his Mama! So fun to see that!

Happy Birthday Oliver!

Rachel said...

Lovely photos - I want to eat all your kids - you know what I mean!! By the way - did you rob that bib from me?? I recognise it, and come to think of it, I haven't seen it for a while! xxx

Hans and Michelle said...

Love your blog. I like the update on Leia's room and pictures of your beautiful children. And I'm impressed with your 15 lbs lost. Glad you're doing well.