Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's a brave new world...

Oliver's hair has been getting longer and longer. Now I'm not about to get out the clippers, but his hair is dead straight so it's in his eyes and over his ears. I would love for it to curl up a bit, but it just doesn't. So I popped him in the bumbo and gave him a trim. Now it's not perfect but he kept twisting his head and trying to grab the scissors. I gave him a flashlight, a lego motorcycle, a medicine syringe, a (sealed) bottle of ibuprofen, the comb, and also had bright cartoons on the TV. Nothing was as interesting as what I was doing. He turns one in two days and with the haircut he really looks like a little one year old. And he's acting more like it. He's only a little bean weighing in at 22lbs, but he knows what he wants and goes for it. He's frequently pulling himself up on things and hurting himself on the way down. He's my constant companion in the kitchen these days and he loves emptying my lower drawers. I can't have him play in the bathtub while I take a shower anymore as he can stand up and turn the faucet on. I can see the lovely baby stage disappearing rapidly to be replaced by the exciting life that is parenting a toddler. I'm a little melancholy but so grateful to have my Oliver.

BEFORE:


AFTER:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is bittersweet as they get older. My mom always said her favorite stage was whatever stage we were in. I always thought she was saying to make us feel good. Now I know exactly what she's saying. My 'baby' is 7 and I haven't found a favorite age that just sticks. I love them all, but I'm sad when they leave one.

Mamapierce said...

It's so fun to hear about little Oliver. I wish we lived near each other so I could see him grow up. What a darling haircut! He's adorable. :)