Monday, August 17, 2009

Today and Father/Son campout

Today has flown by so quickly. My anxious feelings surprised me as I watched the kids get on the school bus. I think it's a throw back to my own feelings on the first day of school. Fortunately the kids were beyond excited and so after the first pang watching them drive off I was able to go about my day quite happily. After dropping the kids off at the bus stop I spent the morning doing some overdue cleaning in the kid's bathroom and the kitchen. I decided on the week's menu and I am going to be doing some more real cooking. Nate played on his smart cycle and followed me around. He's so adorable and when we went shopping he walked so nicely by the cart that I didn't have to put him in the seat. After putting away groceries and getting started on dinner, Gary got home so I could hurry to my OB appointment. I got another listen to the baby's heartbeat. After looking at my stomach, the nurse asked me if this was my first baby. When I said it was my fourth she looked surprised. That certainly didn't hurt my mood. I got home from the appointment and the kids were so excited to tell me about the first day of school. Spencer is straight into Spanish and had a word he needed to practise. Leia did some sort of experiment that I couldn't quite get the gist of but she was in a group with two friends which is of course the most important thing. And a boy she likes is in her class this year. JOY!
We had a nice family dinner and FHE and the kids were so tired they went straight off to sleep. I'm starting to plan tomorrow, something I haven't done in weeks.

So here for your viewing pleasure are pictures from the father/son campout which was the last hurrah of summer.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Father/Son campout
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

How fun! Kristina starts tomorrow and Keith on monday...Anna has already been in school for a week - I love the structure that school demands! :o)

Rachel said...

Love the smilebox - nice compliment from your OB - I expect my midwife thought I was on baby number 4 when she saw me for the first time :(