Monday, August 24, 2009

Gummy grin

Tonight, one of Spencer's two front teeth popped out at teeth brushing time. This is always cause for celebration as the Tooth Fairy has been known to be quite generous when at our house! Spencer kindly posed for a photo for me and then as the kids were ushered to bed, Leia wanted to whisper something in my ear. She said "I know the Tooth Fairy isn't real. You and Dad give the money". I was quite pleased that she is finally mature enough to have a clear understanding of myth versus reality. But I still found myself saying, "Don't be ridiculous, of course the Tooth Fairy is real." There's no need to rush these things after all.


What a cutie pie. I really like a gummy grin and it took me a while to get used to Leia's two new tombstones!


I can't possibly take out my camera without Leia being in a picture. What was I thinking?

2 comments:

Robin said...

I love toothy smiles! I wink and tell my kids that the tooth fairy (santa, easter bunny ans so forth) only visit those who play along! They are old and still play along!

Rachel said...

Love the grin - he is gorgeous!