Thursday, April 17, 2008

T.E.X

Today when I went to pick Leia up from school she had a note telling me that there had been a problem today at school and that her teacher wanted to talk to me about it at our upcoming parent/teacher conference scheduled for this evening. On the way home I tried to get Leia to tell me what this was all about. She seemed very confused. It was about a boy (we'll call him Jon)and a girl (we'll call her Jane)asking her a question about T.E.X in the bathroom.

I was beginning to cotton on at this point. I was extremely interested to hear what her teacher had to say. Her teacher's version was this. Leia and Jon seem to be very friendly at recess. Leia had apparently written him a note which mentioned marriage (after high school of course!), and then Jane whom I assume is also friendly with Leia attempted to explain what sex is to Leia in the bathroom at school. I missed the part about how exactly her teacher found out about this but her teacher decided to ask her about it. She asked Leia what it was that Jane had said to her. Leia placed her finger on her lips as she does when in deep thought and said "well it was about that word T.E.X". This satisfied the teacher that she was a clueless participant in this little bit of intrigue. I'm sure she was relieved that it was unneccesary for her to broach this topic with one of her class members. She has assured us that the principal will be talking to Jane about the appropriateness of talking about certain topics in the bathroom at school.

Once at home I asked Leia again what Jane had said in case there was anything I needed to know. Funnily enough she was very bored of T.E.X and was very concerned about whether she would have enough money to buy a Hannah Montana CD once the tooth fairy has made her latest visit. I think I like her priorities!

2 comments:

nicole said...

Ha! That's hilarious! You're right, we really should treasure these days with our sweet and innocent girls. I just hope when they grow up and start getting interested in boys, they won't cause us the same trouble we caused our parents! :)

Mamapierce said...

I love the innocence that our girls currently have...I'm not ready for them to grow up and learn about "T.E.X." yet...