Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Stress relief

Today was a really stressful day for me. Spencer misbehaved and I had to discipline him in a very decisive way. I had to ban him from the playhouse for the whole day. As a result I had a very challenging almost five year old on my hands. He was dealing with a pretty intense rage that he didn't know how to control. He wore me down with his persistent begging to go outside and all the tears. Thankfully this evening has completely chased away the blues. The weather was so nice that we decided to call a babysitter and go for an unplanned date. We took the bike and drove out to Beavercreek and went shopping for Leia's birthday coming up in a few weeks. It was a lot of fun and night riding is so great. The day has certainly ended on a high and I feel renewed. Hopefully I can have an uneventful day with the boys tomorrow. I really hated to spend the day at odds with Spencer. I want them both to be happy. I think Kindergarten in September will prove to be a good outlet for Spencer. He is getting to the point of being bored a lot of the time.

And also for your viewing pleasure. We went to the Aullwood Audubon Center this afternoon to look at the picture that Leia entered into the Avian Art Contest. It was a great picture and we are so proud of her. She literally is sunshine in my life and I love her to distraction.

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Poor Spencer.

Yay, Sarah!

Congrats Leia!

I especially like this sentence: "She literally is sunshine in my life and I love her to distraction."

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Leia - she definitely is sunshine. We sent off for Max's passport 2 days ago, so hopefully it should arrive in a few weeks and then here we come!!