Friday, April 4, 2008

Easter Holiday

Mum and Dad left to go back to England this evening. For the first time really, Leia was very upset. She sobbed all the way home from the airport. The boys are still oblivious but Leia is just growing up so fast and is a very emotional little girl. Whenever Grandma Shirley is around, Leia is her shadow. They spent a lot of time writing each other coded letters and every school day while they were here, Grandma either walked Leia to and from school or wheeled her bike up to school so Leia could ride back. Grandma bathed the kids every night and read them stories. To Leia there will be something missing for a little while. But it just makes me so grateful for a close family. These relationships are so precious to me. I love to watch Leia with Grandma Shirley and see the bond that they have.


Mum riding on the back of Gary's Harley


Spencer touching a shark at the Newport Aquarium


The three amigos at the Aquarium dinosaur dig


Feeding the Lorikeets at the Aquarium


Outside the Aquarium


Arriving home from a bike ride


A worn out Spencer on the way home from a full day of fun


A game of Quack Quack


Nathan and Grandad


My wonderful parents Alan and Shirley


Hanging out

We're all looking forward to August when we will see them again and go on a vacation together!

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Great pictures! It looks like you all had a grand time. :o)

Deena said...

I remember when I was a little girl. I would always cry my eyes out when my grandma left. Living far away from wonderful family is so hard.