Monday, January 7, 2008

Impetigo


Before.


After. The mark on his cheek is not infection. It's from Spencer throwing something at him. If it's not one thing it's another!



***************


As promised, here is the little story of Nathan's infection. Just before Christmas he got a cold sore under his nose, thanks to me unfortunately! It started to spread and I was slathering anti-viral cream all over it to no effect. Finally on Christmas Eve when I found myself irritable I knew that we would need to get it seen to in order for me to enjoy the holiday. Nathan kept touching his nose and saying "t'hurts". I hate to see my kids in pain. Gary bless his heart drove him to Children's on Christmas Eve night to the Urgent Care. They were amazing and had him diagnosed and medicated in under an hour. The cold sore had gotten infected. The infection was called Impetigo and needed antibiotics. I was able to put him into bed with an easy heart knowing he was on the mend. It has taken a while to heal but finally he is back to his handsome self. I am so grateful for modern medicine. The doctor said that without antibiotics it wouldn't have healed. It makes me wonder what would have happened to a child back in the 17-1800s. Would it have taken over his face? Maybe it would have spread to other parts of his body? The New Year always makes me reflective. And I am so blessed. One look at Gary and my kids and all is well.

No comments: