Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hibernation Day



One thing I love about the early years of school in this country is the emphasis on playing and using your imagination. Pre-school is certainly like that and today at pre-school it is Hibernation Day where they wear their pyjamas to school and take in a teddy bear in a closed brown bag. They talk about how bears and other animals hibernate over the winter and then they release their bears from the bags at the end of the lesson.

When I told Spencer that he was going to be wearing his pyjamas to school he wasn't at all thrilled with the idea. He said "I think everyone will laugh at me." It took me a while to convince him that everyone else would be wearing them too and he finally agreed. He was kind enough to strike a couple of poses for me.




Once Spencer was safely dispatched to school Nathan had two friends, Avery and Bryant over. They had a great time playing with Nathan's crash speedway where you are actually meant to crash the cars into each other. There are smashing glass sound effects and great racing noises. It gave me a little headache but what more perfect toy for a boy could there be? It was boy utopia at my house this afternoon!

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

Hey, I like your new setup! Great pictures...we ought to get together sometime...you can advise me in the paint department...and give me ideas on a backsplash for the kitchen!