Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Snow day







When we woke up this morning Leia was anxious for me to turn on the TV to find out if she would get to stay home from school. One bleary eyed look outside and I already knew. But getting a few extra zzzzs was not on the menu when you have three excited kids. So after breakfast I started the hunt for snow gear. As usual I do not think about buying any until the snow is already here. Leia's boots from last year worked, Spencer put on his wellies (not very well insulated but better than shoes), and then poor old Nate had nothing. I went into the closet and hunted out a pair of old boots which have fur on the inside and fit him perfectly. The only problem is that they used to belong to Leia and are a gorgeous shade of pink. Oh well, I thought. Gary is at work so he can't complain about him being scarred for life and he's only in the backyard. I remember when snow was fun. Needless to say I took one or two shots and then retreated back inside as fast as I could and took the rest hanging out the family room window!

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I do so love this time of year...the snow, the hot chocolate, the lights...everything. I love your pictures, as usual!

jennifer said...

The pink boots are AWESOME!