Thursday, December 13, 2007

Bananas and 'Quack Quack'





There comes a time with each child when one day you feel you have emerged from that foggy haze called babyhood. Today I felt that with Spencer. It's taken a lot longer with him than it did with Leia seeing as he's 4 and 1/2 already. Now don't get me wrong - I love babies but I think at different times you want different things and right now I am craving a break from baby things such as diapers, incessant mess, miscommunication leading to tantrums etc......

This afternoon, Nathan was down for a nap and Spencer said he wanted to play with me so I asked him what he wanted to do. First we built a castle out of mega blocks which he is actually using and role playing with instead of knocking down and strewing the pieces everywhere! Then we played four board games in a row. He adhered to the rules and didn't get mad if I won. The games were, Insey Winsey Spider, Tummy Ache, Red Dog Blue Dog, and finally Quack Quack. I was feeling very warm and fuzzy by this time to be having so much quality time with my sometimes very hard son. So I decided to get out my camera and capture it, just in case Gary didn't believe this tale when he got home from work!


On another note, Nathan won't eat anything except bananas for breakfast. He ate three this morning one after the other. Does anyone think this is excessive???

2 comments:

jennifer said...

How fun!
Spencer looks even more like Gary now that he has glasses, especially in these pictures!

Mamapierce said...

Three is a LOT of bananas...